Labour court can't award compensation

Situation : Hello, My employer illegally terminated me without giving an experience certificate. I raised complaint with labour office and the employer was summon three times but the employer didn't turn up. After fighting for 9 months in labour office, my case was finally sent to labour court by labour office Since i didn't get experience certificate, i was unable to get a new job and it has been almost a year, I am still unemployed. So, I am planning to request compensation for harassment, mental agony and loss of career from labour court as my multiple attempts to get experience certificate was denied by employer but labour officer is saying that labour court don't have jurisdication to award compensation. Labour Judge can only give your job back with full salary backwages. 1) Is it true that labour court can't give compensation for harassment and loss of career? 2) If i challenge the labour court judgement in high court, will i get compensation there? Will high court have jurisdiction to award compensation in this case? How long will high court take to give the judgement? Please reply Regards, Sachin
Related Topics : Administrative Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers