Annulment advise

Situation : Dear Sir I got married in India in Jan 2017. My wife is Indian citizen but she has permanant resident in Africa. During the marriage in court only her mom signed as witness. My father and mother and brother did not agree for marriage because it was intercaste. They did not come to sign . Then we had good honeymoon and she took me to Africa. On the third night of marriage, she started physically abusing me due to her anger. She has anger problems and she beat me and scratch me for last six months. She is very controlling and her parents and brother started mentally abuse and harassing me. I was treated like servant and I was told to find my own job and not interfere in her business. Finally during navratri festival, I refuse to go (because my uncle in India died recently and I was very close to him), they took me forcibly and so I pray to amba mataji and did not play Garba. They all came home on 23 September night and started mentally abusement and then my brother in law broke my nose beating me. They did not let me go out of house but I talk to my family and they said something and I finally ran out with 4 clothes on 24 September night. I need advice about annulment.
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Vijay Yadav

Sethi Nagar, Jabalpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear i know your problems. U go nerest police station and  FIR

371 user found this answer helpful

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

As you mentioned above your marriage was solmanized in India as per Special Marriage Act. As you are treated with cruelty firstly lodge F.I.R. to the nearest police station. Also for getting free from this wedlock you have to file Divorce petition in the Court where you husband and wife lastly reside in india or at pplace where  you got married. Lodge F.I.R. as early as possible.


322 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers