What is the solution for this?

Situation : We have a property in the name of my grandfather who died in 1997. My father are 5 brothers and 1 sister. In the lifetime of my grandmother, the property was divided among 5 brothers in 1999 and my father has constructed the house in 1999 and since then we are living there and paying property tax also. Now, my father's only sister is claiming her share in that property after 19 years of our house construction. The property is still in my grandfather's name. Please suggest if my aunt has any legal right to claim in that property. If yes, what are the possible solutions for it.
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

Twelve years is the limitation to claim partition.

121 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers