What is the right of a widow in the property of his husband as alegal heir

Situation : Sir/Mam My self Paban Ku Patra . Currently I with My widow mother and younger brother live in Cuttack . There Is House In palasa in srikakulam district which is our family house and it is in the name of our grand father .Now my elder father is staying in that house and showing his right on that property by giving nothing to my mom by means of compensation that he living freely in that house. My Grandmother stand regarding this is not clear inspite she used to live more time in a year in our rented house in cuttack rather than his own property in palasa for rude Ness of my elder father. So we(mom&me) just want to get some compensation from my elder father for sole use of property it is been more than near 2 decade and inclusive of 5 year from my father passed he living solely with his family.So mam what we will do to get the same or what is our right on that property.We all are Hindu
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

Please see following provision of law.


 Section 8 of Hindu Succession  Act the wife is entitled as follows: 


General rules of succession in the case of males.?The property of a male Hindu dying intestate

shall devolve according to the provisions of this Chapter:?

(a) firstly, upon the heirs, being the relatives specified in class I of the Schedule;




Son; daughter; widow; mother; son of a pre-deceased son; daughter of a pre-deceased son; son of a pre-deceased daughter; daughter of a pre-deceased daughter; widow of a pre-deceased son; son of a pre-deceased son of a pre-deceased son; daughter of a pre-deceased son of a pre-deceased son; widow of a pre-deceased son of a pre-deceased son.


134 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers