Correct address for court summon

Situation : Court asks to provide address of accused (person against whom summon is to be issued) from plaintiff(person who is filing case against accused). How can a plaintiff know the correct address. A criminal won't stay at his/her address after committing crime. He/she would run here and there. How to send summon in that case. I have mobile number of the accused and email id. Its responsibility of court/police to find accused. Police can track the address with mobile number. Its a cheque bounce case. The accused is in different state and case is registered from another state where the bank is located.
Related Topics : Criminal Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

If it is a civil case you can get substitute service by way of public notice in Newspaper but it being a cheque bounce case you have to assist the police since it is a purely private case and police may not show interest for one or other reason.

132 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers