Can I get the inherited property of my great grandfather

Situation : Hello There, My name is Santhosh, there is a family property(Tumkur) of ours, which is still under the name of my great grandfather. And the ownership till now is not changed on to either my father or his father. Now my father has married for the second time after my mother's death and he is not interested in giving the property to me and says that am not even his son. So would I be eligible to get this property directly to me if I file a case? I do not want the whole property, my father has 2 other brothers let them divide the property and give my share from it. Could you please advice the best way to get this? My family details are as given below My mother passed away while I was 8 years old and I have a younger sister from my mother's womb and 2 step sisters. After my mother's death my father has neither taken care of us and he doesn't want to give this family property as well. Now I am 31 years old and married and have kids too. Please render the best advice on how to take this forward legally. Thanks
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

You may file partition suit and get your share before that you can get injunction order restraining the others from transferring the property.


154 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers