What should I do in the situation?

Situation : We are five sisters and no brother. My father made 4 wills. In his last and final will he left his property to all five daughters. The last will is unregistered. My eldest sister filed a case in the district court that as per the will she be given 1/5th share of the property. Three of us, except my youngest sister, gave affidavit s that whatever she had stated is true. The judge passed an ex party judgement not in her favour. She has now filed a First appeal case in Allahabad high court. My question is: can we three sisters file a new case in the district court? Or because we gave the affidavit have we become party to her case? What should we do?
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

You cannot file new case but implead yourself in the pending proceedings.

138 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers