What are the rights available to tenant.

Situation : Situation : Religious trust give their shop on rent to individual 45 to 50 years ago...now trust give notice of eviction to individual under section 106 of Transfer of Property act 1988 stating that rent is due from past 5 years..but individual has all proofs regarding rent payment through cheque...individual has as no other source of income and son is also not earning because he is studying yet...is there any rights or remedies available to individual against trust...or can demand stay order or injunction order..or any other way suitable regarding this matter so that shop not require to vacate for few years...or can i file defamation case on landlord because they defame me that i not paid rent from 5 years...
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

You can claim protection by filing suit for permanent injunction since you are in setteled possession as such you cannot be thrown out earily without getting Court orders. 

143 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers