Can I recover the remaining amount from the Hotel Person who is not returning my advance.

Situation : Hi, We paid a Rs 90,000 as advance to the owner of a Service Apartment property (advertised on Google) for a bulk booking for our relatives (for wedding in November) in Bangalore in July 2019. The owner informed us that he would not be able to provide the specified rooms and I asked for a refund. After much pleading he gave back 70,000 (two transactions). The REMAINING 20,000 is yet to be recovered. Details - 1. Transaction was done via net banking to the Onwer's account. 2. Our conversations are documented in emails and Watsapp. *I eventually booked altogether a different hotel for the wedding crew. Please advise If I can go to the consumer court. FYI- I reside in Navi Mumbai and the property is in Bangalore. Thanks Ram
Related Topics : Consumer Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Yes you can go to consumer court. Also lodged fir for fraud , cheating and misrepresentation in the police station can demand compensation also for agony .

148 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers