Is it legal to collect interest on freezing amount after 7 years?

Situation : We stopped paying maintenance bill from 2006 to 2012 as mc didn't listen nor answered on our letters for repair in our flat damaged by worker when soc . Did major repair work . In 2012 mid it was decided to pay further bill and that amount which we have outstanding will be deduct from corpus when soc. Goes under redevelopment.from 2012 mid to Till now we paid all maintenance bill regularly. But in jan 2020 soc. send maintenance bill adding int. till dec 2019 on that freezing amount of 2006 to 2012 mid along with lawyer charges which we put case against soc. in registrar for my transmission process which was not done by mc for several reminder , thought the registrar didn't mention "with cost" in his order. And soc didn't given any prior intimation about adding such amount in our bill. Is it legal?
Related Topics : Recovery Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers