Situation : 1) We are residing in Goregoan- Mumbai here the problem is there is a old Lady senior citizen staying alone in rented flat. But due her old age or so anger she frequently complaints to the police that some BOY is whistling to her, or making of some faces & calling her by some lewd remarks. 2) As every time the police complaint is done the beat marshal or the nearest police station van comes & beat a few BOYS or even other MEN whomever is says that this person was teasing me, BUT ACTUALLY NOBODY IS TEASING HER as she is of just like our own Mother. Now the QUESTION is that otherwise this lady talks very nicely. But sometimes she may say that you are abusing her & she whoever comes in front of her at the time she says to the police that HE is the person who is gesturing & calling me. 3) The local police without any further intervention STARTS BEATING THE PERSON/ BOYS with LATHI for NO rhyme & reason, just because of THE COMPLIANT is of SENIOR CITIZEN LADIES. NOW WHAT CAN BE DONE LEGALLY , going to police station even with a lawyer has turned to be UNFRUITFUL as the SENOIR says once the compliant of SENIOR CITIZEN comes action has to be taken. BUT HOW COME THE POLICE CAN KEEP ON BEAT
Related Topics : Criminal Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Be understand that police can file cases and cannot beat like that. You may approach the higher police officers and concerned ministry or file private complaint against the police and thus you may solve the problem.Take paid consultancy if need arise.

95 user found this answer helpful

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

As you dont want to file complaint against that ledy and as you said the police started beating without any inquiry which is not legal. Hence visit to Thana Incharge and give him/her all details about old age and anger of that ledy so that ferther any complaint will come from her police will not threatend innocent guys. If problem till not resolved then visit higher authority of police and file written complaint of thet concern P.S.

103 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers