How do i seek compensation for delayed possession and also for less area of flat being constructed by the builder?

Situation : I purchased an under construction flat from a builder in 2012. I had unregistered agreement initially which i finally got managed to get registered in June 2015 with a commitment in agreement to deliver possession March 2016. I have been given fit out possession in December 2016 - however, till date there is no electric connection, water or drainage ...OC is still far away. Further the area of flat was agreed of 500 sq carpet with 675 utility area inside the flat totaling to 1175 sq ft to be made as 4 bhk flat. However, the builder is constructing only a 2 bhk of 600 sq feet and for which he has only given fit out possession.
Related Topics : Consumer Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

The following options are open to you:

1. You may issue a legal notice calling upon the builder to put into any area which was promised to you as per agreement.

2. You may approach by way of complaint before consumer forum, it is economically viable but result cannot be expected.

3. You may approach Civil Court for necessary directions and alternatively relief for damages etc., here you could get expected relief.

209 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers