How to withdraw a case filed under section IT Act section 66C?

Situation : How to withdraw a case filed under section IT Act section 66C? My wife left the matrimonial home one year back and filed 3 false cases against me of dowry, harrasment and hacking her email account under IT Act 66C ,I also filed 2 seperate cases of divorce and adultery against her and her family. Within a year of these cases I lost my job and went pennyless, some how making my ends meet. Under my family and relatives advice and deteriorating mental health of my parents , I decided to settle the cases by giving my wife 10 lakhs rupees in two part payments on condition of divorce and withdrawing all the cases against each other. One of the cases which my wife filed against me under IT ACT 66C that i have hacked her gmail and facebook and using it for malicious purposes, court has filed chargesheet against me. The mutual consent agreement happend after court filing chargesheet against me. We had mutual consent divorce agreement explicitly stating that she has to withdraw all of her cases in next six months How can she withdraw this case ? Or what steps I can take so that this is withdrawn.
Related Topics : Cyber Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

1. Since alleged offences carries three years punishment as such it may be compounded under section 320 of CrCP. 

2. Secondly, since parties are compromised so a petition under section 482 CrPC may be filed before High Court to cash chargesheet in resoect of offences under section 66c of IT Act.

3. Even otherwise you can file WP before High Court seeking a mandamus against trial court to accept your compromise petition and compound the said offence on the ground of compromise between the parties.

258 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers