Can i adopt a child officially even if having a daughter who is with her mother residing away from me

Situation : My wife has filed cases of physical torture, dowry on me amd my mother. since after i m stayjng all alone for more than 6yrs.My daughtr is with her mother. As case is still not resolved and divorce is still pending, i want to adopt a child so dat i can stay happy.Is it possible to adopt officially
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Friend,

Your desire is appropriate since your only daughter is under custody and care of her mother. It is a challenge to the courts in India. File an application under section 151 of Civil Procedure Code seeking permission for adoption of a child. Normally the Lower Courts may reject it but the Higher Court on appeal may certainly allow such prayer.

253 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers