How could we able to retrieve our jewels from my sister's in laws?

Situation : Hi, My sister got married 4 years ago in India..Her husband was so abusive and she tried to survive as long as she could..When her in-laws interfered in their problems and made her to go out of their home.she got a personal protection order in U.S. All her jewels are in the bank locker under her name and her husband's name.When she asked for her jewels,her in laws refused to give the locker key.This happened one and half years ago.We didn't lodge a complaint as she was so confused whether to live with him or not.After that he applied for divorce in India,she was told that we could able to get back her jewels once the case is over.When we tried for an amicable settlement,her husband's side were not willing to talk.It's going to be 2 years and she could not able to retrieve her jewels in the bank locker.Only thing she could able to do is that she asked to froze the locker account.How could she able to get back her jewels?
Related Topics : Divorce Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Friend,

File an application under 151 of Civil Procedure Code seeking permission to retrive the jewels from the locker. On such application husband may file objections and then the judge may pass favourbale orders, if orders are against you then you can approach High Court, where you can get appropriate favourable orders.

248 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers