Is there any provision to change the address of the accused in warrant once it has been issued by court?

Situation : I have a cheque bounce case going on. Court has issued warrant against the accused. However the accused has purposefully changed the residential address. We got to know about this after the warrant was issued by court and sent to local police station. We are being told that address cant be updated in the warrant since it has already been sent to local police station. Only when the court receives the report from local police station after next hearing, new warrant will be issued in new address. Do we have any provision to change the address in the current warrant and direct local police station to go to new address and serve the warrant? There are high chances that the accused will change the address again.
Related Topics : Criminal Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Friend,

Just advance the case and file an application with new address of accused with a request to recall earlier NBW and to re-issue NBW on new address. Court will definitely consider your application and pass necessary orders.

255 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers