How to take Legal Talaq?

Situation : My brother got married 5 months ago, he is an NRI. He came India to get married. He stayed in India for 1 month then left back. After that, his wife started mentally tourturing him and started fighting with him. Now we came to know that her family want to apply for Divorce. We have the evidence to prove our innocence as my brother recoreded all the threatening statements which she and her family made against us. We are from a Muslim family and after this new TRIPLE TALAQ Law. We are very confused how to get legal Divorce. We are in deep depression. Please guide what steps we can take can we take to secure a divorce legally. And do we have to pay any amount to them before or after divorce?
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

As per Muslim Law divorce can be get by two process one is Judicial and other is Extra Judicial. If your brother not dezire to continue this marriage then he can seek divorce . I suggest you that send one legal notice first and mention in it that how they get married and what issues in between them going on and ask her or tell her for mediation in which 3 persons from your brother side and 3 persons from his wife side will conduct meeting. ak for the place and date of meeting or tell as per convinience of both. Then discuss the issues in meeting if both the parties are ready then its well and good as talaq can be get mutually but if not then send first notice to her and mention in it that as we conducted meeting and it get failed so i pronounce you talaq and send iddat amount with that notice . Follow the procedure three times provided she should not be in Menstruation Period. For ferther detail you can consult .

249 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers