Can I have any legal right of the 1BHK owned by my wife but all the expenses of the flat paid by me except Rs.1Lac by my wife.

Situation : We jointly booked a 1BHK flat in the 2000s and got possession in 2005. Since I was abroad, couldn't come at the time of registration and I agreed to have the flat registered in her name only. All the payments made thru my NRE a/c and one or two occasions directly by me from Muscat. My wife's contribution is Rs.1Lac. All the documents related to the payment etc are in her custody. Now my sons are grown up; elder one is a mechanical engineer and younger one is final IT student (B. Tech). I was in Dubai for 3yrs, 13yrs in Oman & for the past 8yrs, I am in Saudi and my bank balance is zero. In these 24yrs, my NRE as well as the savings banks were operated by my wife only. Now for a few years, my elder son is operating the account. I was on vacation for one month and returned yesterday from Thane. For the past few years, my wife totally ignoring, torturing & discriminating. On 9th of May evening, when I asked for the partnership, she said that it is her savings for the past 28yrs (after our marriage) and she will do as her wish. I would like to know as I have any legal authority in this property. My elder son is trying to go abroad for higher studies, he need some Rs.40Lac
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

If she is not working woman she cannot put hands on your funds. Even otherwise it is you who had shared the amounts. You can ask the bankers to stop operations by your wife on such account. 

174 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers