In what manner can I demand my share in the husband's estate and ask for maintenance from the estate.

Situation : I am a 57 year, 8 months old widow. My husband expired in 2002. My husband has two brothers. We were residing in a house which is jointly owned by my father-in-law and one of my brother-in-law (Mr. A). My father-in-law expired in 1981 but his name has not been removed from the share certificate of the house. He had made a will according to which the entire property will be divided between the brothers equally. However, my husband died intestate. Further Mr. A shifted to another flat (solely owned by Mr. A) in 1999 itself. After my husband's death, I along with my daughter also shifted to Mr. A's flat. My other brother-in-law (Mr. B) still stays in the flat. We are not in good terms with him and he along with his wife used to mentally harass all of us. Mr. A (although doesn't reside in the concerned property) and B failed to pay the maintenance of the Society because of which the matter went to the Co-operative society court and the order to auction the flat has been passed. However, it has been a year that the auction has not taken place. I have turned old and have no means left to maintain myself now. Mr. A is 68 years old and has no children of his own. My daughter is 20.
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear madam,

You can file partition suit.

251 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers