Dispute on Daan Patra Land

Situation : I am Central Govt employee, working in Central Excise & Customs Dept, posted in Goa. My native is Jharkhand. I am employed since 2012 in general and since 2017 in this department. I had bought Daan Patra land on my wife's name in the year 2016. Now, we want to sell the Daan Patra land, but my eldest brother is creating dispute in this. He is filing case claiming that land is bought by income of Father, so liable to get divided. This amount or property which is on my wife's name is bought by father's income and not mine, is claimed by him. So the person to whom we have planned is sale, is now reluctant to buy fearing any kind of dispute in future. If he files case, it will be huge harassment for we husband & wife, going and coming from Goa to Jharkhand, may be many times. Now we both are working in Govt department, loss of holidays, and expense separately. How to avoid this. Also, we also want my eldest brother to taste this pain, i want him to do up & down from hometown Jharkhand to Goa for some case, I want him to come to Goa and let him feel the harassment, then only he will understand. Kindly guide
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

You just sell the property immediately as there is no stay on it. Secondly you can put a case on your brother in Goa by filing private complaint. For more discussions write to me.

123 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers