Can my employer recover DA paid overseas

Situation : I travelled overseas in 2015-2016. When I came back to India in 2016, I paid tax for all my savings. I was paid DA when I was in UK and also my indian salary. Now, after two years my company has rejected some some bill and asking me to pay back part of the DA. First of all, is this legal? I agreed to this as it was a small amount, but the real issue is I have already paid tax for my savings in 2016 itself. If they deduct the amount from salary, again TDS will be deducted, as they'll show this as additional deduction. So, the amount will be double taxed to me. What should I do now?
Related Topics : Corporate Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers