How to recover excess maintenance charged?

Situation : I am owner of an amalgamated flat in an apartment in Blore. Due to extreme cracks on the exterior, there was rain water seepage in many walls and also through Electrical sockets in my flat. The association did only partial work and did not support for external paint without which the leakage would not stop. I withheld the maintenance for 3 months. Now they have sent circulars to all houses and put my name on the notice board and the Exe. Committee resigned after doing this. The association already owes me some amount as they were collecting 2 house maintenance though I have single khata, single area sale deed, single bescom meter, single parking. It took me more than a year to convince the association, by then they had collected excess amount from me....What action can I take against them for maligning my name in the apartment and also displaying Notice board. There were other defaulters also earlier..
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

It is a purely civil issue and either you or the Management has to file a suit for recovery of amounts due. The Management cannot insult you by putting your name or bringing pressure on you otherwise to recover the arrears of maintenance. The only course open to them to approach Civil Court where the Court resolves the issues involved in the matter. Get issue a legal notice asking them to approach Civil Court.

124 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers