Does return of a part of dowry disableu usfrom filing dowry case .there are other ornamental jewellery and cash also taken

Situation : I got married 6 yes back . but right after my marriage my in-laws and husband started comment on me my family there were all dowry frustration,my husband calling me unlucky for every bad incident.later my sis in law started advising my husband not to spent on me.he NVR gave me any ATM card or any money or any valuable possession but kept on asking me to give my savings to him.he his self sufficient earns 30 lac pa.hehad problem on spending money on me and my daughter.i am really fed up his mother sister keep on scolding me whenever they met.henvr loved me .later he suffered cancer which worsened my situation .my mom dad bro looked after him and now hes cured,started staying with his family .things became more worse , iwas unlucky now after he suffered this deadly disease I m more unlucky.his mom makes faces atme . finally Igot a job .started working they HV problem with this but I need to take a stand this guy gives me no financial support.last 1 yr I m not staying with him he fought with me many times and told me to go.after 6 months asked divorce I refused then he deposited the dowry amount of 5 Lacs.i can still file dowry case he still has my gold his own and cash with him.
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Madam,

Your advised to file DV case with following prayers.



  1. to take cognizance for the offence punishable u/s 498A IPC and punish Respondent No.1 to 3 as per law and extend  police protection to the deponent,


  1. Pass orders u/s 19, based upon S.17, granting separate residence  for herself and her three children at a monthly rent of Rs. 20,000/- and advance of Rs. 5,00,000/-.


  1. Pass orders u/s 18, in totality against Respondent No.1 to 3,


  1. Pass orders u/s 20(i) granting Rs.25,000/- per month as maintenance for applicant and maintenance at the rate of Rs. 5,000/- each per month to her three children.


  1. Pass orders granting Rs. 5,00,000/- for setting up house hold requirements, in granted residence, to make it livable, as the applicant cannot return to the house of Respondent No.1  as he is residing in the house of respondent No. 3, which is legally prohibited,


  1. Pass orders granting litigation expenses of Rs.1,00,000/- as the applicant made to wander from pillar to post for getting legal aid to attend the Hon’ble Court, whereas, the Respondent No.1  falsely filed Divorce Petition.


  1. The applicant also filed interim application supported by affidavit u/s 23(1) and (2) of D.V.Act,


  1. That any other order/s, this Hon’ble Court deems fit, to meet the ends of justice, be passed.


106 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers