What should I do for obtaining the caste certificate?

Situation : Dear Experts, I reside in Kerala.My parents ancestrally belong to Latin Catholic community which comes under OBC. They used the reservation during their education.But after their marriage, they stopped attending the catholic church due to their personal reasons.They have not converted to any other religion.All the members of our family except my parents still attend the catholic church and make use of the reservation. Because my parents stopped attending the catholic church ,I have not used the reservation since my birth.I do not attend any church owing to my atheist beliefs.In Kerala, it is mandatory to produce the bishop certificate in order to claim the reservation benefits.Since we have no allegiance to the Catholic church, no bishop would issue a certificate.I have all other proofs to indicate my catholic background including the caste certificate of my parents , their tenth standard mark book etc.Even my cousins still claim the reservation benefits.Recently, I applied for the caste certificate for the first time since my birth and my application got rejected only because of the reason that I could not produce the bishop certificate .
Related Topics : Constitutional Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

On the basis of Caste and Community Certificate of your cousins you may approach High Court to issue a direction to the revenue officers for issuing such OBC Certificate.

106 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers