My father made a gift deed and gave me a house(registered) in 2001.

Situation : my father made a gift deed and gave me a house(registered) in 2001. I old it in june 2018, now 2018 my fourth sister is threatening me to file a case in mahila mandal if i dont give her share in money. my father too is demanding share when he is getting government pension of 90,000 per month.
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

They cannot demand like that. You may see the following law:


Gift Deed – once registred no cancellation

A gift is a money or house, shares, jewellery, etc. that is received without thought, or merely an asset acquired without making a payment against it and is a capital asset for the ‘Recipient.’ It can be as cash or movable property or immovable property.

If you might want to gift the property to any of your blood relatives, Gift deed can be used. In the case of immovable property, it is required to register the Gift Deed as per Section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908.

This kind of transfer is unavoidable. When you gift the assets like land, it belongs to the beneficiary or receiver of the gift and you cannot switch the transfer or even ask money related compensation.

It can be a cost effective method of transferring the ownership.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


105 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers