Please help me with the fake DV case filed against me and my family. Details and queries are mentioned in the next section.

Situation : I am married for 14 years. We are residing in lucknow since 12 years in joint family. We have a daughter of 8 years. My wife wanted me to live in a seperate home. I have a record of this communication. As i didnt agree to live seperate, my wife left my home with my daughter without any information when no one was at home. I filed a plea under section 9 at Lucknow family court. She had also sent a DV notice from a lawyer after 2 months of leaving to which we didn't reply. She is not willing to return back to home which she has replied in court. After this my wife has filed a DV case in gurgaon session court after 1 years 6 months of seperation against myself, my elder brother and my parents. We did not receive the notices. Please address my following queries. 1. Can my wife file DV in gurgaon as we were residing In lucknow. Where does Jurisdiction apply. 2. Can she file a case after 1.5 years under DV. Though she sent a notice from one lawyer. Will the notice of her lawyer stand valid for grounds of DV case 3. Can i file a case of divorce after 2 years of non co-habitation. 4. How can I gain the custody of my 8 years daughter. 5. How can I counter the DV case against me.
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

SC says non cohabitation is a ground for Divorce 

93 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers