Cheque Bounce GST Problem Dilemma

Situation : I had a Proprietorship firm in MP with which I was doing import export business since 2015 and with this firm I gave material imported goods on credit to a firm based in Mumbai in 2015 during VAT/CST time. Due to losses in business I did not continue my business after 1 July 2017 and did not get GST registration and my firm was shut down but bank accounts of my firm are active. The Mumbai firm gave me a Cheque of the payment that was on credit of Rs 2 lakhs in 2018. But I got information from the bank that the Mumbai firm doesn't have sufficient balance in their bank account. Now I am planning to send them legal notice and file a cheque bounce case under IPC 138. Cheque I haven't bounced yet because I am under the dilemma if I should get my GST registration done with the GST authorities for my proprietorship firm in MP under the same name to file a case 138 against Mumbai firm because at present after GST my proprietorship firm got non existent as I did not get transferred my TIN number to GST on 1 July 2017. My question: Do I need to get GST registration done for my firm under same old name adress, will the court reject my case saying that my firm got non existent after July 2017
Related Topics : Business Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir 

If G S T registration done then you will succeed 100 percent.

89 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers