What should be my next steps/actions towards these violations.

Situation : My father, 68-year-old person was arrested by Police U/s 420 & 406. Currently he is out on bail after spending 5 days in jail. the police who arrested my father are from different state where the complaint is registered & the location where the actual arrest took place in is another state. Here the section 78 CrpC is not followed – As Superintended of Police (SP) himself told orally that the police who arrested my father hasn’t taken his permission prior the arrest. But the police who executed the arrest of my father informed the local police station – which is headed by SI. This is a violation as per the U/s 78 CrPC. Also, the complainant / witness who registered this case had also accompanied/ indeed facilitated their own transport vehicle to the cops during the execution of the above said arrest. Is it legal that complainant / witness to accompany the cops during the arrest.
Related Topics : Criminal Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

You may approach High Court to resolve your issue seeking quashing of FIR etc.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.

81 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers