Domestic Violence & Child/forced marraige.

Situation : A girl has been married at the age of 19 years 6 months without concern of her parents, later her parents accepted the marraige. After few months, the husband committed domestice violence against her, he does not want her to study and work and forcibly demanded dowry. Now her parents, without consent of husband, brought her to a different city for studies. The husband's family is threatening the girl and her father to send her back to home and stop her studies. I find the solution to this problem is to make the marraige invalid. Can this be done ?
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

She has to file number of cases against her husband and also to file divorce case on the ground of cruelty it may be allowed further she may file DV case with following reliefs.





to take cognizance for the offence punishable u/s 498A IPC and punish Respondent No.1 to 3 as per law and extend  police protection to the deponent,

Pass orders u/s 19, based upon S.17, granting separate residence  for herself and her three children at a monthly rent of Rs. 20,000/- and advance of Rs. 5,00,000/-.

Pass orders u/s 18, in totality against Respondent No.1 to 3,

Pass orders u/s 20(i) granting Rs.25,000/- per month as maintenance for applicant and maintenance at the rate of Rs. 5,000/- each per month to her three children.

Pass orders granting Rs. 5,00,000/- for setting up house hold requirements, in granted residence, to make it livable, as the applicant cannot return to the house of Respondent No.1  as he is residing in the house of respondent No. 3, which is legally prohibited,

Pass orders granting litigation expenses of Rs.1,00,000/- as the applicant made to wander from pillar to post for getting legal aid to attend the Hon’ble Court, whereas, the Respondent No.1  falsely filed Divorce Petition.

The applicant also filed interim application supported by affidavit u/s 23(1) and (2) of D.V.Act,

That any other order/s, this Hon’ble Court deems fit, to meet the ends of justice, be passed.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


79 user found this answer helpful

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.
A: She can file complaint under Domestic Violence Act. Further she can file complaint under 498A of I.P.C. and also can seek divorce on the ground 9f cruelty.
71 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers