How to legally obtain divorce from husband who is staying away from wife for 13 years and has married twice

Situation : My father and mother have worked in same central government office. My father left my mother 13 years ago. He stays in Andhra Pradesh. He would always physically and mentally abuse and torture my mother. He has married twice (which we got to know through are relatives). We are not in touch with him and don't have any documentary evidences to show or prove his second marriage. Also he is a big fraud and doesn't stay in a place to get his contact number as well. He has got two children with his third wife. My mother and father both retired. As per office records they still remain wife and husband. No changes are made. Now he has an evil eye on the property and money my mother has. We want to legally nullify his rights as husband on the grounds 1) He doesn't stay with us (from past 13 years) 2) He married twice (we don't have documentary evidence. But when we attend our relatives functions, he come along with his wife and kids) We ignore as we don't want to dig into it. He is a fraud, manipulator and abuser. Now I want to know how can we legally nullify this relationship and make him devoid of any right on my mother's property and money. Please advice
Related Topics : Divorce Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Madam,

You can easily get divorce with a big amount as alimony for your maintenance. You can even file criminal case against him and his second wife for the offence of Bigami.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


79 user found this answer helpful

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Your mother can seek divorce on the basis of cruelty, desertion as well as on the ground of fraud also.Though your father married thrice but as per law your mother is legal wife . File divorce petition as early as possible. For further assistance you can call through admin.

81 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers