1. Is seal of the housing society director must for the sale deed during 2006?

Situation : I have purchased a residential site from Housing co-operative society during 2006 through sale deed. I have applied for education loan for my son and agreed to offer the above sale deed as a collateral security to Bank. Bank has sanctioned the loan. During handing over of documents, the bank said that the sale deed does not contain the seal of director who has executed the sale deed and requesting me obtain rectification deed for missing seal of the society and the director. In the body of the sale deed, it is clearly typed that Mr. X is our director of the society and executing/signing the deed on behalf of the society and also on the last page, he has signed on behalf of the society - matter which is typed. Now the society is not agreeing for rectification deed as they have not done in the past and all the sale deeds executed without the seal. Why the bank is insisting for seal/rectification deed ? I do not know what to do ?
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

If Bank raises such issue then you may approach another Bank and get loan without that issue. Alternatively you may approach Civil Court and get a direction to the Society to execute rectification deed.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website. 

87 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers