Marriage problem due to the force of family

Situation : Hi this is Arpita Das. I would like to know about marriage as my parents are forcing to marry with unknown person. I love someone and asked parents to give marriage approval but they are denying.they are constantly give me pressure for marriage.i want to run away with my bf but the problem is that my bf is under the process of immigration so we dont want to fall any kind of case or police case.moreover we cant marry immediately untill the pr for Canada get approved which will take maximum 6 month till then we have live like unmarried couple. So during that span of time if my family give any case against my bf it will gonna ruine is there way to solve this problems
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Madam,

Now Supreme Court protects your rights as follows:



Nobody has right to interfere if two adults get married, says Supreme Court

NEW DELHI: No one, either individually or collectively, has the right to interfere in a marriage between two consenting adults, a Supreme Court bench led by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Dipak Misra said on Monday.

The bench sternly told khap panchayats not to assume the role of conscience keepers of society and said courts would go by the law and not tradition and 'gotra' considerations to determine the legality of a marriage.

Senior advocate Narender Hooda, appearing for some khap panchayats, said khaps encouraged inter-caste and inter-faith marriages as they had permitted Haryanvi men to marry women from other states given the skewed sex ratio in the state.


Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The purpose of this Government Order is to ensure that the defined process of service delivery for the Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage

Act is followed. This would facilitate the electronic delivery of services through the instructions and guidelines as described in the following sections of the

Government order. The important components of service delivery process is being listed below –

1. Process for Registering service request for Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act

The request related to Solemnization of Marriage under Special Marriage Act can be accepted at the Common Services Centre established under

Government of India 100000 Common Service Centre (CSC) scheme under NeGP and Suwidha centers operational in the state or any other

arrangement made by Government for accepting the request, without discretion of any kind. The Government Official should now onwards accept the

service requests through electronic channel only. The applicant has option to submit a service request through any of the below mentioned procedures:


For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.

85 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers