How to reopen the FIR

Situation : i have filled an FIR under section 406 and 420 against my builder in 2016 for non delivery of my house. Later in 2017, i went for out of court settlement in which the builder in written promised the delivery of my house in March 2018. However, till today the builder hasn't given the handover of my house. As per the police station, they have closed the FIR. As per my search on the internet, it seems that only court has power to quash the FIR. I want to know, how do i find the status of my FIR, in terms of where does it stand (closed, quashed or still open). Given that the builder has not given the possession of my flat as per the settlement, can i reopen the same FIR now even though i have gone for the settlement earlier? Please let me know
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers