Granddaughter ancestral property rights

Situation : My Grandfather got ancestral Property from his father and he earned other lands by farming in those. My Grandfather is having 2 sons and 1 sister. He wanted to give the major part of his share to his younger son. My father is elder and am the only child and am a girl. My grandfather has decided not to give any of his share to my father as he is having a daughter and he has invested his money for my father education and as he became an educated person, now he is arguing that you became an employer and you are having a girl child why do you need my property? My Grandfather has invested in business for his younger son and both earned a lot more. Do me as a granddaughter, do I or my father is having any rights to get the share ?
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Clients,

I am talking about ancestor property, having rights only grandchildren and even partitioned his respective share going to his grandchildren in the form of ancestral property. And as you said you’re the only granddaughter so you have legal rights under the Property law and its cannot be ignore as you’re the girl.

Apart from this we need to know more about the remaining property of your grandfather and so we can guide on same, so share your details of property and place from where it belongs.


765 user found this answer helpful

Advocate Roshan Prajapati

For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your case come under the civil matter of ancestor  Property and  as you are the grand daughter and having rights to get you share, its settle law.

Now need the complete description of property to discus and guide me on it..

773 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers