How i get Marriage Certificate after 10 years of marriage?

Situation : I am a Hindu and my wife is sikh by birth. we got married 10 years ago at gurudwara and we having gurudwara authentication certificate, marriage photo. we have government gazette for wife name change and all other documents. but we do not have marriage certificate. now after 10 years of marriage we want marriage certificate without change of our religion. so i want to know that is it possible to get marriage certificate after 10 years of marriage?
Related Topics : Family Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Priyanka Chopade

Nagpur, Nagpur
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Client,
As you had done marriage at Gurudwara and having the marriage photo and other proff, So As per Anand Marriage Act 1909.
Earlier there was no provision for registration of marriages and Sikh were Marriage registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. “The Anand Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2012, after having received the assent of the President in 2012.
Now Sikhs will able to register their marriages under the Anand Marriage Act.

If any marriage has been performed by the ‘Anand Karaj’, but not recorded in the Marriage Register. Such a marriage would still be valid.

All Sikh’s marriages are registered and recorded in the marriage Register maintained by an officer of the State Government of you can do it with local Authorities, like Municipal Corporation ETC.

Document required for Registration..

  • Application form duly singed by both parties.
  • Marriage photograph and marriage invite.
  • Documented evidence of Date of Birth, Pan Card or Driving Lic.
  • Affidavit by both parties,  with Date, Location & Time,
  • Two passport size photographs of both the parties


810 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers