What should be the property tax, commercial or residential for a flat used for pathology laboratory in residential society?

Situation : I am having a pathology laboratory in residential society past 26 years. My society gave me NOC to run a pathology laboratory before redevelopment. Because of noncoperation of society and builder during redevelopment, I got the residential flat on first floor above stilt parking, "Earmarked" as pathology laboratory. Does this mean, my residential flat is commercial? How will the BMC assess this property tax? Does the "laboratory" come under commercial category? If the society has not received Occupation certificate, how are the rates of property tax and water bill rates before and after OC. Who is liable to pay this difference in charges? How can I recover the high rates charged by BMC after OC is received?
Related Topics : Property Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers