What to do in case of cyber-stalking?

Situation : Sir/Madam, My sister was in a relationship with a guy. Later she found him to be a dishonest and really bad kind of guy. So she moved on. But that guy is still harassing her even after a year. Somehow he managed to get(hacked) her facebook id and password and messaging to her newly created facebook. Even after blocking he is messaging some threatening messages from several fake accounts. He is threatening to send all photos everywhere. Now we are planning to make a police complaint. So I just want to know can we make a complaint and will there be any confidentiality problem with my sister? Thank you.
Related Topics : Cyber Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Bangalore , Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

1. Yes you can losge a complaint with Cyber Police Station and ask them to maintain secrecy.

2. you may also file private complaint directly before the Magistrate.

3. Better to appraoch NGOs helping women for more effective action.

378 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers