What are the procedures to be followed when a defaulter of a "cheque bounce" case refused to accept the summons from the court repeatedly. My lawyer says he obtained a "hand summons" which I must personally delivered to him and obtain a the signature of the defaulter with date,time, and place. I am 76 years old and a heart patient.Can I approach the Police for help?

Situation : One of my known person borrowed Rs.50,000.00 stating that he urgently need the money to meet the expenses of his wife's treatment.Since I did not have ready cash I gave a cheque in his name for Rs.50,000.00 (Yes Bank)on 07-11-2017 which was cashed by him on the same day. He insisted that I should accept a blank cheque signed by him undated and without the amount. He promised to pay back the money with in a month. But even after many personal requests and telephonic conversation (he stopped taking my calls) after intimating him and with his conscent I deposited the cheque for Rs.50,000.00 on 03-08-2018 but it bounced showing insufficient funds. I contacted him through a friend but he did not respond. So I filed a case with the Magistrate's court on 26-10-2018 after serving him a legal notice through my advocate on21-08-2018 which he received on 28-08-2018.I have proof of India post tracking details. The summons sent by the court was not accepted by him and case was post poned twice and the third time on 02-02-2019. On 03-02-2019 I was told my lawyer that the hand summons should be collected from his office and I should deliver it to him and obtain signature from him with date time and place. How a 76 year old senior citizen who has undergone two heart surgeries in the past do that? Please advice me if I can approach the Police or plead to the court to arrest the defaulter.?
Related Topics : Banking law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers