Can a state Govt.Doctor(where Rs 1 is charged for Registrstion,medical and surgical be prosecuted in conumer Forum?

Situation : A pregnant woman who underwent cesarean section (operation done by my wife ) section died of post partum Hemorrhage (PPH) ,a known complication of cesarean section.She was timely referred to the medical college.She was treated there for 48 hours but she eventually died.Records of treatment given at medical college not available .No post Mortem was done.The husband has moved to the District Consumer Forum .As a result my wife has recieved a notice to appear before the Consumer Forum court....My query is when patient was given free Medical treatment at Govt hospital (only Rs1 was charged as Reg fee at the Hospital ), how the concerned doctor be prosecuted in District Forum for the negligence???
Related Topics : Consumer Law
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers