Boy refuses to marry after engagement

Situation : A boy gets engaged with a girl and recieves Rs 40 lakh dowry. Later on he finds that he cannot marry with the girl. He does not refuse directly since girl's family can file case of cheating and breach of promise against him. So he decides to keep postponing his marriage for unlimited duration giving excuse of higher studies. He does this so that girl's family will refuse on its own and he will return their money. What legal actions can be taken against the boy by the girl's family?
Related Topics : Civil Litigation
Lawyers answer this question

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers