Can I as Respondent (wife) apply for transfer of divorce petition to city where I presently work

Situation : My husband has filed a divorce petition under section 13 1 (i) (a)) of HMA, 1955 in Karnal District Court. Since I am working women (Principal of a school in Bangleru), can I apply for transfer of divorce petition to Bangleru on grounds that It is difficult to attend court proceedings due to nature of my job and the cost involved.
Related Topics : Divorce Law
Lawyers answer this question

Advocate Justice Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

No.74, 1st Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram,, Bangalore 
For More Details Contact On +91 7769012300.

Dear Sir,

Yes, you can get it transfer by filing transfer petition before Supreme Court as it is out of state transfer.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.


120 user found this answer helpful

Disclaimer : This answer is based on information given by you hence, It is just opinion of Lawyer. For specific answer you have to give details and facts and choose the Lawyer of your choice.

Lawyers: To answer this question, please Sign In to your account or wait for admin approval.

Most Viewed Lawyers